Great Wagon Road Distilling Co. Single Malt Society
About Great Wagon Road Distilling Co.
Great Wagon Road Distillery was founded in 2013 by Ollie Mulligan to follow his passion for making true small batch whiskies. After a few years of perfecting his craft, his flagship, Rua Single Malt Whiskey, brought home Gold in the ‘Made in the South’ Awards in the Garden & Guns Magazine in 2017. With passion, courage and true grit, GWR now occupies a 15,000 square foot state of the art facility. For the first time ever, we are opening the doors to whiskey enthusiast that share our behind the scenes passion for all things whiskey, with the unique opportunity to be a part of this exciting emerging category, American Single Malts.
What is the Single Malt Society?
As a member of Great Wagon Road’s Single Malt Society, you’re part of an elite inner circle of whiskey enthusiasts. With your membership you’ll have exclusive access to limited release whiskey and special rare bottlings. You’ll be invited to events hosted by our co-founders and distillers to interact and learn. This is an exclusive club and the membership will be limited to five hundred members. Memberships of the SMS afford exclusive rights and privileges and may not be sold or transferred.
Membership is $500 annually
- 1 x 750ml and 1 x 375 ml bottle of Limited Edition Rua American Single Malt bottle a year exclusive to the SMS. This bottle will be hand dipped in wax, individually numbered and signed by the Founder. These releases will not be available anywhere else.
- Access to assigned Single Malt Society reserved parking spaces.
- A GWR Single Malt Society certificate, parking sticker decal and membership card welcoming you to the club, personally signed by Ollie Mulligan, the Great Wagon Road Distilling Co. Founder.
- Invitation to the Single Malt Society annual Gala. Food and Drinks provided.
- 10% off merchandise at the GWR shop.
- 10% off food items at The Broken Spoke.
- Discounted room reservation rates at The Broken Spoke.
- Being a SMS member, you become a Tier 1 VIP member of The Broken Spoke which includes, 48 hour priority invitations to our annual events and offers throughout the year before being released to the general public.
- GWR Single Malt Society specialty cocktail at The Broken Spoke (specialty off-menu cocktail option).
- Quarterly SMS member meet up with guest speaker, Food and Rua infused cigar to be enjoyed on our smoking patio.
- Lottery for Single Malt workshop to dream up a unique mash bill for a main production.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Within 10 working days of joining, you will be sent your Founders’ Club Welcome Pack. This will include your welcome letter, certificate and membership card with your discount access.
• Within 2 weeks of this pack being sent, you will receive an email detailing release information on your first Limited Edition Rua American Single Malt bottle.
- You will receive quarterly newsletter emails with the upcoming quarterly meet up details as well as assess to the SMS Facebook group.
- 2018 – First “big barrel” Rua – Two of these barrels exist. Barreled in June 2016 at 115 proof this Straight American Single Malt is simply exquisite. One bottle 750ml bottle at 92 proof and one 375 ml bottle at barrel strength 115 proof.
- 2019 – Frist Port Wine cask finished Rua. Rua first aged in 25 gallon new American oak and transferred to used port wine casks in May 2017. One bottle 750ml bottle at 92 proof and one 375 ml bottle at barrel strength 121.6 proof
- 2020 – First Sherry Cask finished Rua – Rua first aged in 25 gallon new American oak and transferred to used Sherry casks in March 2018. One bottle 750ml bottle at 92 proof and one 375 ml bottle at barrel strength 111.7 proof
- 2021 – First SMS Club Single Malt property mash bill release.